Astrological News: Pluto in Capricorn in anticipation & in retrospect|
Original forecast in 2007|
: The current crisis in the capitalist system reflects the adjustments that are needed for Pluto in Capricorn. Now, trust in the system is no longer about faith. It has to be based on a reality. Property value is closer to the bricks and mortar value. Commodities including gas and oil reflect the laws of supply and demand. Borrowing (by banks, investors, property owners and businesses) without real assets has been exposed as a sham. Sag. was about belief, optimism and risk. Capricorn is about realism, scepticsm, pragmatism and caution. Pluto brings the new underlying values into play.
Updated in 2008:
World-wide Regime Change (as expected with Pluto in Capricorn) is starting to happen
The first Lunar Eclipse (21st February 2008) with Pluto in Capricorn has coincided with regime change in three continents:-
I anticipate that there will be a lot of governmental change and the creation of new countries or government authorities while Pluto remains in Capricorn.
- The emergence of a new country: Kosovo (independence declared Feb, 17 2008).
- Pakistan's leader, President Musharraf and his party were defeated in the election (Feb 18, 2008) in the aftermath of the tragic death (and possible assassination) of Benazir Bhutto (Dec 27, 2007).
- President Castro of Cuba has retired (Feb 19, 2008) after 49 years. Interestingly, astrologer Lynda Hill noticed that the Lunar Eclipse is most visible over the West Indies and not far from Cuba.
View the history and predicted future trends of the switch of Pluto from Sagittarius to Capricorn, graphically with a time line chart.
Your Personal Year Forecast gets you the inside track. This booklet is like a map, but set out with dates, that you can use to make the coming year successful and fulfilling.
2023 update with Pluto entering Aquarius
What happened with Pluto in Capricorn?
In 2008 I wrote "Expect significant governmental change and the destruction and the creation of new countries, government authorities, regimes and empires, while Pluto remains in Capricorn 2008-2024."
2023 Update: now Pluto is leaving Capricorn we can reflect.
- Massive geo-political shifts:
- Brexit as the UK shifted away from its largest trading partner, the EU.
- This led to a possible break-up of the UK with stronger calls for Scottish Independence and a new political status for Northern Ireland.
- Russia in decline aligning with China in the ascendancy.
- Middle East no longer central to politics
- Death of the Queen (QE II)opens door for break up of Commonwealth
- Rise and fall of populist, reactionary Plutocrats - a new conservative movement with religious and blue collar worker support.
- Trump (USA)
- Johnson (UK) ...
- Putin (Russia) solidified leadership, until invasion of Ukraine.
- Bolsonaro (Brazil)
- Older white male leaders elected and replaced by ethnic leaders
- Trump... Kamala Harris as VP
- Biden elected .... ditto
- Johnson ... Rishi Sunak as PM and Humza Yousaf as first minister in Scotland
- Putin ... power shift to Zelensky (part Jewish) in Ukraine
- Widespread distrust in conventional wisdom, authorities, politicians.
- Disenchanted voters going to extremes in quest for former nationalist glory: MAGA, Brexit to express dissatisfaction, Putin supporters.
- Huge anti-vax movement in the pandemic.